Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Air-Dryer Rides (stands still & drips) Again

Prologue: I left my "The Rolls-Royce of Towels" hanging up in the locker room at the gym where I play basketball every Friday with predominantly Greek guys. At this point I fear the worst. Yes, it was over-priced, but it does look nice, and boasts immense drying area. In fact, if I recover it, I will probably cut in two pieces and hide one under my mattress, just to take some of the pressure off.

Additional information: the Ethical evaluation devices are combined with the newspaper dispensers in Graz. Firstly, a very large percentage of the population has a subscription to the/a newspaper, but on weekends and holidays the additional distribution channels are put to use. They take the form of a large metal pole, with a cardboard sign indicating just which newspaper it is that is hanging below in an oversized plastic bag. One simply peels open the bag, removes a newspaper, and closes the bag again. The paying customer can then insert the requisite fee (usually 90Eurocents) into a small lockbox, or the depraved can simply carry on with their day. I think this form of (potential) moral turpitude has replaced "Gentlemen's" clubs. At least I haven't seen any. Not that I've been looking, or anything.

p.s. the paper is in German and thereby represents much less of an ethical quandary for me, at least.

No comments: